Monday, January 21, 2019

Travel Journal: San Juan Puerto Rico

Hello and welcome back to my blog. I'm so excited to share to share with you guys pictures from my recent trip to Puerto Rico. Old San Juan has been on my bucket list for quite some time now so you can only imagine how excited I was to check it off my list. I am dominican for most of you that don't know but I haven't been to the Dominican Republic in about 12 or 13 years so other than a very faint memory of what the beaches over there were like i had never really experienced such blue waters before and to my surprise it was so warm. We stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde Hotel and this was the view from our balcony. My moring hobby was standing on the balcony looking out at the water and it just so happened it was my night hobby as well. There is just something so serene about the sound of the ocean and looking at the stars in the sky. 


Our first touristic stop was El Yunque National Forest. Now when we decided to take the trip here I thought we were just going to hike up the mountain trail until we reached the top. I had no idea that we were going to see a water fall much less one you could jump into. The hike up the mountain was tiring but one of the most amazing walks of my life. It was one of those moments when your mind is completely free i felt free, exhausted but free mentally and physically and spiritually. The walk down was the same at the end I felt accomplished I felt like I could conquer the world and anything I put my mind to. This was a first for me i nearly cried on the way down but it was truly worth it.  This was my first time seeing a water fall and it was amazing. I recommend anyone that visits Puerto Rico To do this trust me you'll thank me later.

A local food stop and a souvenir shop on the way up the mountain.



Old San Juan was exactly what I hoped it would be. A small town with streets paved with cobblestone that looks as if it has not moved from it's time in history, untouched by modernization. Bursting with color and beauty everywhere you look. The old buildings and their character were a thing of beauty. 















We ended our trip to San Juan with dinner at Raices. My friends recommended this restaurant to us and we had heard a lot about the food here and boy were they right. Just as the city of Old San Juan, Raices was also set back in time to a Puerto Rico in the 1940's. The waiters were dressed in folkloric outfits which I thought was very nice. I had the churrasco with tostones and a pina colada in an old fashioned tin cup and my boyfriend had the Mofongo with a side of chicharon de pollo. We both were very pleased with the food and the whole experience. 
Puerto Rico was so much fun and full of amazing first timers for me which I enjoyed every minute of. I realized on this trip how much I like to travel and how much I want to explore the world and it's exciting. In my mind I'm already planning the next trip lol and I'll be sure to take you guys along with me.
All images are my own and are subject to copyright.

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19697237/?claim=8ztvmk9b8bg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment